Project and Exhibition Idea
Last semester, Professor Harlan Penn held auditions for an original play Hispaniola.
For this photography project, I will cover rehearsals to the final product on stage over the next two months. My coverage would include photos, videos, and a written piece. In addition, I aim to capture the process and work that goes on behind the scenes to make a play.
I emailed Professor Penn and got his permission and the rehearsal schedule. I plan on shooting next Tuesday (2/14) and Thursday (2/16).
Exhibition-wise, I am thinking of black and white photos for rehearsals (performances and technical) and contrasting them with color photos for the on-stage performance. I would also have short scenes as videos for both rehearsals and the final production.
In my research, I found Derrick Choo, a photographer who does documentary-style event coverage. Some of his projects include behind-the-scenes photography of music videos and short films.
Additionally, I have found another photographer, Matthew Williams-Ellis who did some photography of behind the scenes of a play.


Comments
Post a Comment